English Daily Vitamin (October 2018)
Por Ziggurat. Síguenos:
Escuela Corporativa de Idiomas
Publicado el 09/11/2018
¿Os perdisteis alguna de las Daily Vitamin de octubre? Hoy os dejamos la lista de todas las lecciones publicadas. Y, al final del post, link al activity pack descargable.
PHRASAL VERBS FOR BUSINESS
We hope you can use these phrasal verbs at work, but you will also see that they can be used outside of the office.
- Put together https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3270
- Stick to https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3271
- Hash out https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3272
- Beef up https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3273
- Iron out https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3274
BULATS READING, PART 1, SECTION 4
You do not have to be studying for the BULATS to benefit from this week's lessons: they are gap exercises that test your vocabulary.
- When it _____ to math homework, I always ask my Aunt Jane for help. She's a maths teacher. https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3275
- Citizens _____ encouraged by the mayor to donate clothes or food to the families whose homes were burned in the recent fire. https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3276
- In order to _____ the needs of today's technological society, schools are now teaching computer-based subjects like coding and programming. https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3277
- We did not notice the water early _____, but after a few weeks it was obvious that we had water damage from our neighbour's kitchen sink. https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3278
VERB + PREPOSITION
Students so often say that they have issues with prepositions. We are focusing on Verb + Preposition Combinations.
- Supply https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3280
- Divide https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3281
- Spend https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3282
- Object https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3283
- Concentrate https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3284
OFTEN CONFUSED WORDS
We are concentrating on words that are often confused in English. We are presenting words that are very similar, which is why they are often confused. Sometimes the words sound the same; sometimes they are spelled similarly but are pronounced differently and have different meanings.
- Poured/pored https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3285
- All together /altogether https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3286
- Plough/plow https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3287
- Ensure / insure https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3288
- Imply/infer https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3289
Halloween is a holiday that is celebrated in different ways in different countries.
- To spook someone https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3290
- Superstition https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3291
- Petrified https://www.ziggurat.es/leccion_ingles/3292
Y para repasar, podéis descargar el ACTIVITY PACK AQUÍ.